Moving Image Update Troubleshooting

Hi all,

When I try to upload an MOV file as a single item, it uploads but then directs to a page that says “Omeka\Mvc\Exception\RuntimeException
POST request exceeded maximum size”,

Along with this:

“Omeka\Mvc\Exception\RuntimeException: POST request exceeded maximum size in /media/data/web-data/html/omeka-s/application/src/Mvc/MvcListeners.php:368
Stack trace:
#0 /media/data/web-data/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Omeka\Mvc\MvcListeners->checkExcessivePost(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#1 /media/data/web-data/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent), Object(Closure))
#2 /media/data/web-data/html/omeka-s/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(311): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil(Object(Closure), Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent))
#3 /media/data/web-data/html/omeka-s/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run()
#4 {main}.”

Does anyone have any advice about how to get this video into my collection?

Thank you.

As appears from the error you report, this seems to be an issue related to the size of the file you are trying to upload.

At the very bottom of any page in Omeka’s backend you should find a link to “system information”, which should also include details on file size limits on your server. You can reach the same page by adding admin/system-info to the base URL of your Omeka installation. This would allow you to know what is the maximum allowed file size so you could confirm the issue, but you wouldn’t be able to change this setting from within Omeka.

I’d say that your options are mainly:

• get your system administrator to increase file size limits (this is usually defined in php configuration files)
  • include your video at lower resolution in order to have it within the file size limits
  • host the video on an external service, such as YouTube or Archive.org, and include a link in your item

There may be workarounds, but it’s probably wise to discuss this with your system administrator and/or proceed with one of the solutions above.