Modules fail to install

I’ve unzipped and uploaded several modules to my hosted Omeka S install (latest version of both Omeka S and the modules).

The modules show up correctly in my Modules page in the UI, with an “Install” button. When I click the Install button, I get the error message: “Omeka S encountered an error. To learn how to see more detailed information about this error, see the Omeka S User Manual page on retrieving error messages.”

I’ve enabled logging, and here’s one of the error stanzas (they’re all identical, aside from the module name)

2024-02-23T19:49:26+00:00 ERR (3): Error: Class "CSSEditor 2\Module" not found in /var/www/webroot/ROOT/application/src/Module/Manager.php:354
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/application/src/Module/Manager.php(225): Omeka\Module\Manager->getModuleObject()
#1 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/application/src/Controller/Admin/ModuleController.php(117): Omeka\Module\Manager->install()
#2 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(71): Omeka\Controller\Admin\ModuleController->installAction()
#3 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(319): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch()
#4 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#5 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(97): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#6 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(132): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch()
#7 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(319): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch()
#8 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#9 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(325): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#10 /var/www/webroot/ROOT/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#11 {main}

One thing that seems strange is that for each module, the \2 is added to the module name, a la Class "CSSEditor 2\Module" added to the CSSEditor module, but maybe that’s expected?

Either way, any clues as to what’s happening?

Thanks!
–Kerri

The “2” is odd for sure and probably related to your problem.

Is the folder you uploaded called “CSSEditor 2”? It should just be “CSSEditor”. It’s possible something you used to do the download or upload added the “2” on there automatically.

Thanks, John. That was the issue. I didn’t realize Omeka cared about the name of the module folder – when I edited the folder names to remove the “2” the modules installed just right.