Modules and plugins

Hello! This is my first time managing an Omeka-S installation, and I wanted to know if and how it was possible to install an Omeka-S plugin (such as Exhibit Image Annotation or Text Annotation) for a site on Omeka-S. I see that Omeka-S has “modules” rather than “plugins,” but is it still possible to install plugins on individual sites? When I uploaded the plugin to the modules folder, I got an “Error: invalid config/module.ini file” error message in the Modules tab.

Thank you!

Only the modules that are in the Omeka S Modules directory are compatible with Omeka S.

The two plugins that you mention work with Omeka Classic, which is a completely different software platform, and so they are not compatible with Omeka S

Thanks! Well, that’s disappointing.

But most of the main plugins are upgraded for Omeka S or an equivalent feature exists: see an automatic list built from github and gitlab: https://daniel-km.github.io/UpgradeToOmekaS.

Thanks! It looks like the ones this partner has requested are not available in Omeka-S - but I’m actually just about to try your Annotate plugin to see if it approximates what they want!

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.