After moving both my metadata and content over, images refuse to display. Upon investigation, I found that the filename that the new Omeka S install is attempting to serve for a given image is different than the filename the prior instance was using. As a result, the server checks its media folder, and correctly concludes no file with a matching name exists, and displays a 404. When I try to navigate directly to where the image would be using the old filename, rather than the new filename, it is served correctly, so this appears to be an Omeka issue, rather than an Apache issue.
I have to admit, I’m kind of lost in what could be causing this, so any troubleshooting pointers offered would be much appreciated.
It’s strange that there are no errors in the log if files aren’t being imported. On the “Manage Import” page > “Media Ingesters” tab, what remote media ingesters are there? What local mappers are available? Can you think of anything these files have in common that could account for this?
The files are mostly JPGs, with a few .mp4 files. I do have both ImageMagick and FFMPEG in place on the server. “Stubs” for the media do get created:
(looks like I can only embed one image file, so linking to imgur from here out)
but as mentioned, the image file doesn’t come over unless I bring it over myself
That said, properties like the size field appear to be set correctly.
Import configuration is as follows
root endpoint: host.edu/api
Import label: Artist Books Test 3
Item Set: Artist books 2 (this is an empty item set that I own)
All checkboxes unchecked, all omitted fields blank
As far as commonalities go, these files are the contents of the entire site, and are also all in the same, singular item set. They are all owned by one user on the original site.
In this instance I got a 404 page. In doing some more troubleshooting, I identified that the media WAS being downloaded, but to a directory different to the one I had mapped within apache. As such, Omeka was searching the wrong directory for the files in question. I got things working, thanks so much for your help!