MariaDB Cloud (SaaS)

Hello everybody,

I would like to know if I can use MariaDB Cloud (SaaS solution) together with the Omeka S software?

Could someone help me, please?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Jayson

I don’t know the specifics of what MariaDB Cloud offers, but assuming it’s just a hosted/managed database server, as long as it meets the version requirement (note, there’s a different MariaDB version requirement than for MySQL), then you should be OK.

1 Like

Hi jflatnes, thank you very much for your reply !
Would you know to tell me if to install MariaDB desktop in Windows10 environment it is necessary to have Linux installed ? We don’t have Linux / Unix installed in our database architecture.

I believe you can run MariaDB fine on Windows.

Omeka S itself runs on Windows, but Linux is really our “first class” platform and the focus of development, support, and documentation. My general recommendation would be to not use Windows for Omeka unless you have a compelling reason.

1 Like

Hi jflatnes,
We don’t have a Linux system installed on our architecture. In this case, can we install Omeka S on windows10 and have a good performance of the software?

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.