So we have an additional Item Type Element called “Additional Item info.” I created it a few months ago and everything seemed to be working fine. Today, a research assistant noticed that if you click to edit the item and change “Item Type Metadata - Text” and make a change, the “Item Type Metadata- Additional Item Info” disappears from the show.php/display page. However, if you click to edit the item again, go back to Item Type Metadata and choose additional item info from the dropdown, then click save, the additional item info re-appears on the display page. So the steps are:
- Choose to edit an item with two distinct Item Type Metadata options, in this case ITM-Text and one we created.
- Make a change to ITM-Text and choose Save.
- Notice on the display page that the other ITM doesn’t show up.
- Choose to edit the item again and this time, from the ITM dropdown, choose the other ITM (don’t make any changes to it).
- Save and refresh the display page, suddenly both ITM show up again.