Is Omeka suitable for my lead seal identification database?

Over 15 years ago I created a free database to record and help others identify lead seals. I used a freeware program called Gallery. It has not been supported for many years now and no longer runs well on modern servers. Despite this it has had over three and half million hits and continues to be popular with over 4,000 records - http://www.bagseals.org/gallery/main.php. It desperately needs an update. Could anyone help me with this and what would be the approximate costs involved please?

I’d be happy to take a look at this. I’ve done a number of migrations from legacy systems to Omeka S. Do you happen to have a link to any of the documentation for Gallery? Feel welcome to message me to talk about what a migration path would look like.

1 Like

Hi Stiuart,

I’d be delighted to help with this project. With my expertise in Omeka, I can modernize your site and ensure it runs smoothly on current servers.

I will need to review the current setup and discuss your specific requirements to tailor a solution and provide an accurate quote.

You can reach out to me on my email here

Colin