Install--no error message to retrieve?

I’m installing Omeka classic. I’ve had better luck–no “zend exception.” Now I get a page that says “see the Omeka Codex page on retrieving error messages.” I did that; I commented out the line on the .htaccess file. And I reload the page, and the page stays the same.

I am not using “pitard.net/omeka” structure for my home folder, but “omeka.pitard.net” for my address. Whatever combination I try for the “Rewrite Base” line in .htaccess doesn’t seem to make a change, though; or, I change it, and I move from a 500 server error back to the Omeake error page.

I have commented out SetEnv for a fuller error message, but nothing fuller has presented itself.

help? Thanks for any suggestions.

Well, there were two problems: the first is that there was a space after “localhost” in the .ini file.

Then, though, error I’ve described before came up again: “Could not determine temp directory, please specify a cache_dir manually”: it turns out that the file omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php, the line '‘cache_dir’ => null had to be reset to 'cache_dir’ => “/tmp” — my webhost at ICDSoft figured this out for me.

Now, though, I’ve filled out the form, and saved it, and click on a link to take me to Admin, and this is what happens. I’m really lost now. What am I missing? Thanks for any help . . .

The following queries were executed during the request
[0.00057506561279297] SELECT name, value FROM omeka_options
[0.00033712387084961] SELECT plugins. FROM omeka_plugins AS plugins*
[0.0004429817199707] SELECT omeka_sessions. FROM omeka_sessions WHERE (((omeka_sessions.id = ‘a0e615bb82cd3700f0caa0c82551b49c’)))*
[0.00075006484985352] SELECT items. FROM omeka_items AS items WHERE (items.public = 1) GROUP BY items.id ORDER BY items.added DESC, items.id DESC LIMIT 3*

It looks like you turned on debug.profileDb in your application/config/config.ini file; just turn it back off.