I guess that’s part of the problem. Since the RDF is somewhat complicated to get into, I’m not exactly sure which URL namespace to link to. I’ve tried putting all of these links that I posted into that spot, which may hinder the import. Schema is not my favorite at this moment since they make it a lot more difficult to import their vocabulary.
I wouldn’t be surprised if others are running into this problem when trying to import new vocabularies and perhaps an actual working example (values) could be included in the documentation (or here)?
As a test (after several failed attempts so far trying to import VRA Core) I managed to import DC from an old .rdf file I had on my system from an unrelated project. The Vocabulary UI reports I have no classes but 15 properties. Not sure if that’s correct but partial success. perhaps, even though I’m looking to import other vocabularies (AAT, VRA, etc).
Following Felice’s advice to try http://lov.okfn.org/dataset/lov/vocabs I was able to import schema.org in .n3 format and it loaded very quickly. I didn’t think to try editing the n3 files but will look into that. When I was testing a couple of other vocabularies (e.g. CreativeWork, Getty Vocabulary Program) the .n3 files would timeout during the import and fail.
However, I was able to import these vocabularies after I opened the .n3 files in the Protege ontology editor and saved as RDF/XML.
Just starting to dip my toe into understanding how to work with Vocabularies, RDF, etc., and easy to miss some of the more obvious points.
I would second @carlj with regards to timeouts, but for myself, it was with turtle files. 1-10 properties would import fine, quickly, but the parsing time would balloon dramatically with more, resulting in timeouts.
Converting the turtle file to RDF, imported nearly instantly.
After import I see 23 classes and 140 properties. I make no guarantees about the completeness or accuracy of the vocabulary, but it’s the closest thing to an importable RDF serialization of VRA I can find.