Is anyone else having any trouble with the universal viewer plug-in for Omeka classic?
I love this plugin, which worked beautifully until just recently! I’m really hoping someone here can help me to get it up and running again. I posted an issue about this on the GitHub page for the plug-in but I’m not seeing any recent posts there from @Daniel_KM, so I’m worried that he is only focused on his Omeka S modules right now.
I’ve been doing all I can to try to resolve this on my own, but I finally have to admit I’m stumped.
About 2 weeks ago I noticed that the Universal Viewer wasn’t loading images properly. You can see what I mean at Wedding Dress of Henrietta S. Robinson · Vassar College Costume Collection. I’ve combed through past issues here and on the GitHub issues page, and other solutions haven’t worked for me. Here’s what I’ve tried:
- Removing custom config.json for UV in theme
- Checking the box in configuration settings to force standard JSON
- Deactivating all plugins but UV
- Changing custom theme to standard Thanks Roy theme
- Uninstalling and reinstalling UV plugin
- Combing through my own recent edits to see what might have affected it, with no obvious culprits
With all these steps, it has continued to throw errors when trying to load images. My next step is to roll back to a backup from when it was still working, but I have made some substantial changes to exhibits which I don’t want to have to redo if I can avoid it.
I’d really appreciate if anyone here can take a look at the many errors that pop up in the browser dev console, to help me understand what has gone wrong. Any little clue might help!