IiifPresentation events

Hey,

I’m working with IiifPresentation module and having a little trouble attaching to its events. First, I’m not sure what to use in the identifier when attaching. I tried use IiifPresentation\v3\Controller\Item but that didn’t seem to work so I’m just using * which does, ie.

$sharedEventManager->attach(
            '*',
            'iiif_presentation.3.item.manifest',
            [$this, 'updateIiifThumbnail']
        );

That works, but I’m wondering if it’s better to more specific. Next issue, which I wonder if it’s related in any is that when I get the item from the parameters it reads as null unless I first check if it exist, which is a little funny but maybe I’m not doing something correctly.

So, if I do something like this it throws an error saying, “Call to a member function id() on null”

$manifest = $event->getParam('manifest');
$item = $event->getParam('item');
echo $item->id();

But if I first check to see if $item has value, everything works as I want it, ie

$manifest = $event->getParam('manifest');
$item = $event->getParam('item');
if ($item) {
    echo $item->id();

Thanks,

Joe

I tried use IiifPresentation\v3\Controller\Item but that didn’t seem to work

Yes, that’s a bug. Thanks for reporting it. It should be fixed in the next release which should be published tomorrow.

when I get the item from the parameters it reads as null unless I first check if it exist,

That’s quite strange. It’s possible since you’re using * as an identifier, some other events are bleeding through. I’d upgrade to the new release and see if that fixes it. If not, I’ll take a closer look.

1 Like

By the way, once the fix is up, the correct identifier to use is IiifPresentation\v3\Controller\ItemController.

Thanks, I got the new version installed and the correct identifier works, but I’m still getting that funny thing where it throws an error on the item unless I check first that it has value. Very strange.

I found the problem. Put simply, there was a duplicate event being triggered. It should be fixed in the next version, which should be published tomorrow.

It’s all good now, thanks!