Howto integrate JQuery-Plugins?

I have a problem with JQuery and plugins with which I do not get on and hope for help. Specifically it is about a rather small JQuery plugin that displays tabs or an accordion depending on the screen resolution (https://www.jqueryscript.net/accordion/Tiny-Flexible-jQuery-Responsive-Tabs-Plugin-mTab.html).

The order in which the plugin needs to be loaded is:

1. HTML DOM
  2. CSS mTab
  3. JQuery
  4. JavaScript for mTab (minified)
  5. function call

The HTML DOM is generated in the theme “show.phtml”, CSS and JQuery I load via the layout.phtml

How and where do I have to integrate the plugin (a minified.JS) and then make the function call? Also in the layout.phtml? What command do I need to use to make sure the plugin is not loaded until JQuery is already there. Is it enough to write:

$this->headScript()->appendFile($this->assetUrl('js/jquery-mTab-min.js'));

in the last place?
The function call then as last in the Show.phtml, or? Does this just go inside a tag or does Omeka block this?
Unfortunately, I currently always get the error

TypeError: mTab(...) is not a function

so I suspect the call is failing and the order of how my JavaScript is loaded is wrong.
Thanks for tips and help

Here is an addition: When I call the plugging function via the console of the browser, an error also occurs. That means that the loading of the plugin fails completely.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.