How to build a simple exhibit audio tour guide?

Hello,
I want to use Omeka-S to build a web site for use as a simple museum (audio) tour guide, something like for example acmilabs static museum audio guide.
So just a page per museum object (a Omeka-S Item) with some images(Omeka-S Media) and an audio fragment (Omeka-S Media) and some descriptive text (from Item property value) and navigation buttons. And lets say with a page for each Item from a specific ItemSet(the tourguideset) with a QR code referring to the page.

I can easily do this with a simple script that uses the Omeka-S api to generate the markdown pages needed for the Jekyll static page generator from acmilabs, but this feels a bit as a defeat, because I thought this is something that should be doable with the Omeka_S onboard tools (site generation, system and themes, maybe augmented with some special block handling modules or so).

However even after reading the user documentation on sites and themes I still don’t feel comfortable on starting the exercise. I don’t know how to get the pages ordered based on a Item-property, I would love to see some tutorial on building a theme “template” for my selected properties, don’t know where to put the viewer and player javascripts etc. etc.
As this feels like an example for a “basic” exhibition site, I thought I post this here so that there may come replies that can help others, in the same situation, too.

Thanks in advance, John

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.