Guest API module - Guest API key does not work

I am using the Guest API module and when creating a new “guest” user, creating an API key for that guest key_credentials and key_identity I still cannot access /api/items?key_identity=xxx&key_credential=yyy

Whenever I try to open this on my browser it says Omeka S encountered an error To learn how to see more detailed information about this error, see the Omeka S User Manual page on retrieving error messages. and I chaned the .htaccess file and made it to development, and installed the module Log but it still shows the same message on my screen. It is very frustrating and I would really appreciate some help on this.

I believe that Guests don’t have access to the API at all…

You have to think the API Key as a means to communicate with the omeka as B2B (or server to server).
For reading (as guest) non critical information you just call the API endpoints without using any Key.
For critical endpoints (such as writing data or reading users’ info) you have to use an API key from your SERVER fetch or post what’s necessary and then serve to guests what you need based on your case…

Hope that helps

1 Like