Google, Omeka-S, JSON-LD

Getting this error from Google, choking on Omeka-S JSON-LD, so won’t index our instance:

Unparsable structured data issues detected on Welcome · Landing · Johns Hopkins University

To the owner of https://exhibits.library.jhu.edu/omeka-s/:

Search Console has identified that your site is affected by 1 Unparsable structured data issues:

Top Errors

Errors can prevent your page or feature from appearing in Search results. The following errors were found on your site:

Incorrect value type “@context

We recommend that you fix these issues when possible to enable the best experience and coverage in Google Search.

I have disabled JSON-LD in settings, have re-run the Google validator, but am still getting this error. Is this being cached somehow?

Mark

1 Like

I can’t quite tell what it’s complaining about here… it seems to just be that it complains when it encounters things that aren’t schema.org… basically Google is only interested in structured data that is tailored for Google.

As for just disabling the JSON-LD, the setting to disable that for a site is in the Site’s settings. The global setting is just about enabling/disabling it for the admin UI.

I’m pretty sure that this isn’t actually preventing Google from indexing your site, but I suppose it’s possible.

1 Like