Geolocation plugin installation

Hello

I’m not used with Omeka. I have installed the 2.4.1. version in my site: http://www.fotoplus.com/fototeca.
It’s ok, Just one item till now, but it works.

I’ve decided to use the Geolocation plugin (2.2.5) but I got the message (not a valid plugin).

What should I do? I’ve tried to upgrade to Omeka 2.5, but that was a real mess. I’ve returned to 2.4.1.

Thanks

Ricardo Mendes
fotoplus.com

That message can sometimes be caused by permissions on the server not letting the server read the files. So that’s a thing to check.

Othertimes, if you are grabbing code directly from GitHub, it’s possible that the directory names don’t match. If the directory name is something like plugin-Geolocation, rename it to remove plugin-.

Thanks a lot

The problem was the name of directory.
I’ve got the plugin from the Omeka site and copy it literally in the server (so the name was Geolocation-2…)

Another point: what Google Maps API should I indicate in the configuration (Java, embed…)?

Ricardo Mendes

From the page that we link to, just click ‘Get a Key’ and use that.

Hi,Patrick

Excuse me, I am a complete newbie in this matter.

I am not sure about “the page that we link” (this one? developers.google.com/maps/web.)

Should I buy a key of Google:? Javascript, Embed etc, which one?

Thanks

Ricardo Mendes

Hi Ricardo,

You want to click this button on https://developers.google.com/maps/web/:

Unless you expect to have more than 25,000 map loads per day, you won’t need to pay for anything.

It works!

Thanks to Omeka Team.

Ricardo Mendes

Sorry, after 2 days, working in regular way, the geolocation plugin shows, after loading the page in the correct way, a crash in the embed map. (in windows, IOS and Android). I got the message “something goes wrong” … "see the Javascript console " for details).

First where is this javascript console?

Thanks

Ricardo Mendes

Try Ctrl + Shift + I in your browser.

Which browser are you using? If you google “[browser] javascript console” you should find help information for that browser.

Thanks everybody!

The problem was the same in Windows 10, IOS and Android (2 smartphones and 1 tablet).
The fact is that after 2 days everything is normal !!

Ricardo Mendes