Frustration with Universal Viewer

I have the IIIFServer, ImageServer, and UniversalViewer modules installed and activated. However, these modules aren’t behaving as expected.

I thought I would be able to control when/where the Universal Viewer (UV) instantiates on both the “Item page” and “Media page.” However, it seems to have a mind of its own. For one, on the “Item page”, if there is no UV block, a UV element will automatically be instantiated at the bottom of the rendered item page. Only if I include the UV block and arrange it among other blocks can I actually control where it will render on the item page. This is not the case for the “Media page” where a UV element doesn’t render…BUT it also never renders on the media page even if I include the UV block! What I have described is consistent across all Omeka themes I’ve tried (Papers, Cozy, Default, Bookshelf, Thanks, Roy, Center Row, The Daily, etc.)

Is there something I’m missing in one of the module settings?

I should also mention that the Universal Viewer will render on an item page even if there are absolutely no blocks added…including the “Media embeds” block. I know I could hide the UV element with CSS, but this behavior doesn’t seem correct.

So it looks like once I installed “BlocksDisposition” module I was able to get the item page to behave correctly using the Universal Viewer block. However, the Universal Viewer block still has no effect on the media page.