Fontawsone search button icon missing on public page header

Omeka Classic v3.0

I notice that the magnifying glass search icon in the search-container in the public facing page’s header does not display whichever Theme is in use in either Firefox (93.0) or Safari (15.0) on Mac OS 11.6

I see there are previous comments on this subject from > 2 years ago

Looking at the CSS style in Firefox Developer Tools the style is defined in oneka_dir/themes/name_of_theme/css/style.css

#search-container button:after {
font-family: “FontAwesome”;
content: “\f002”;

The icon is shown on the Amin pages but on inspecting the style it uses font-family: “Font Awesome 5 Free”

Which theme are you using?

There are updates to the themes to align with Classic having a newer version of Font Awesome in version 3.0, that should fix this problem.

Updated my following themes to:

Seasons (2.6.2) Berlin (2.7.2) and Thanks Roy (2.6.5)

This has resolved the issue as all three of these themes now use the “Font Awesome 5 Free” as their font-family in styles.css

font-family: “Font Awesome 5 Free”;
content: “”;

Thanks very for the solution and quick reply.

FYI and in case anyone asks - I am running my Omeka Classic v3.0 dev site on MAMP Pro v6.6 for Mac OS and found that the correct Setting for ImageMagick Directory Path in Settings is:

/Applications/MAMP/Library/bin

I am using the Philly theme.

i have tried before this solution, but did not work . The Philly theme supported San Serif font.

OK. Looking at the css/style.css source for the Philly theme on Github you need to edit the section starting at line 683 as I have previously described so that you change:

search-container button:after {
font-family: “FontAwesome”;
content: “\f002”;

to this:

font-family: “Font Awesome 5 Free”;
content: “”;

The sans-serif font rule that you refer to at line 8 is nothing to doe with this.

I will also drop a line to the theme developers to ask then to update the style.css

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.