Failed opening required 'vendor/autoload.php'

hello.
I Installed beta version on Ubuntu 14.04.
and got generic 500 error.
So I change “production” to “development” on .htaccess file.
and got this message.
What is wrong?

Warning: require(vendor/autoload.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/omeka-s/bootstrap.php on line 6

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘vendor/autoload.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear’) in /var/www/omeka-s/bootstrap.php on line 6

Though this is an old post, just curious if anyone has encountered this error and found a fix. We are seeing this error as well. Thanks, Paul

First to do is checking that the file vendor/autoload.php really exists. If not, you must reinstall properly Omeka S.

Then, you have to ensure the file is readable by the HTTP server process : check UNIX rights (user and group) and check SElinux context.

I struggled with this for about 2 hours before realizing that I wasn’t using the omeka-s.zip. I had downloaded the source code omeka-s tgz file. I even went down the rabbit hole of trying to get composer installed and configured, but kept running into issue after issue.

TL;DR: Just use the omeka-s.zip release version, and you will be fine…

With the new omeka.org website being up, this should be a little easier since our download links point directly to the “release” zip.

I don’t think we can really do much on the Github release page side of things other than what’s already there (our file being on top), since they always want to present those “archived checkout” files.

Thank you for this! I struggled for two days (AARGH!!) reinstalling and reinstalling from the source code .tgz file. Once I used the omeka-s.zip file, it was golden. Thanks again!