Faceted Browse question - query within query

I can’t figure our from the Faceted Browse documentation how to do the following. I hope someone can help me out.

My site contains recordings of lectures, seminars and the like. Each has a date and a location (among other things). I have created a Faceted Browse page titled “Browse by Decade” with categories “1960s,” “1970s,” “1980s,” etc. Works fine so far. Now I want the user to be able to select a location within a decade. For instance, if the user wants to find a lecture that was given in 1982 in Boston, I want them to be able to see all the items for the 1980s and then select location Boston to see only those in the 1980s and in Boston. How can I do this?

It looks like you may have gotten help on this from another forum poster, so let us know if you need further clarification.

@ AllanaMayer
Thanks. I do need further help. See my post at Faceted Browse - thank you - #5 by bmeacham. I have a category page for decade 1980s and within it a facet query for location (spatial coverage). When I enter a value for location it ignores the decade query.

• Query: Decade = 1980s and Location contains “New York”
  • Expected result: Items that match both criteria
  • Actual result: Items that match only the Location criteria. It shows items with all dates, not just those in the 1980s .

How can I get it to show items that match both criteria?

This is a bug. Essentially, the category query and the facet query exist in the same place, so the latter overwrites the former when submitted. The fix should be published tomorrow.

@jimsafley

Thank you! The new version fixes my issue. I am quite impressed with how fast you have addressed it. Kudos to you and the Omeka S team!

1 Like