Export Subject Heading Metadata

Hi,

I have just joined a project that has been running for about 6 years with Omeka Classic, and would like to export all subject headings metadata. I thought that it would be straightforward - open PhpMyAdmin and run an SQL query sorted alphabetically ascending, but I haven’t been able to locate where “Subject Heading” metadata is in the Omeka Classic database.

Am I looking in the right place, or is there a query I should be running on the API for this?

Best,
Patrick

By Subject Heading metadata, I think you want all the values of the “Subject” field?

The metadata for Omeka Classic is stored in the element_texts table. That includes all fields, so to limit to one particular field you’d search for the desired element_id, either directly (you can look up the element ID for Subject in the elements table) or by join.

1 Like

That’s great, thank you. I did find these database values and it worked. I also worked with a developer to use the API and found that it was excellent for doing the same job. Though it did only return the public items rather than including the private items as well.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.