Errors in Search. Cannot add any items to exhibit

I’m trying to ready a presentation pitching omeka-s or omeka for an upcoming “Art at Clarkson” exhibit.
I installed Solr at first, as I was just playing with the system - didn’t have enough time to set it up properly. So I uninstalled it. Now I get an error message trying to add my items to an exhibit. The item search is coming up with nothing. Could anyone give me a hint on how to fix this? Is there a default indexing scheme that should be kicking in? Thanks so much in advance! Here’s the error:
Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException
A plugin by the name “solr” was not found in the plugin manager Search\Adapter\Manager

Details:

Zend\ServiceManager\Exception\ServiceNotFoundException: A plugin by the name “solr” was not found in the plugin manager Search\Adapter\Manager in /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-servicemanager/src/AbstractPluginManager.php:131 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/html/modules/Search/src/Api/Representation/SearchIndexRepresentation.php(78): Zend\ServiceManager\AbstractPluginManager->get(‘solr’) #1 /var/www/html/modules/Search/view/search/admin/index/browse.phtml(57): Search\Api\Representation\SearchIndexRepresentation->adapter() #2 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/Renderer/PhpRenderer.php(506): include(’/var/www/html/m…’) #3 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(207): Zend\View\Renderer\PhpRenderer->render(NULL) #4 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(236): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel)) #5 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-view/src/View.php(200): Zend\View\View->renderChildren(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel)) #6 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/View/Http/DefaultRenderingStrategy.php(105): Zend\View\View->render(Object(Zend\View\Model\ViewModel)) #7 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(322): Zend\Mvc\View\Http\DefaultRenderingStrategy->render(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #8 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(171): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #9 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(367): Zend\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEvent(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #10 /var/www/html/vendor/zendframework/zend-mvc/src/Application.php(348): Zend\Mvc\Application->completeRequest(Object(Zend\Mvc\MvcEvent)) #11 /var/www/html/index.php(21): Zend\Mvc\Application->run() #12 {main}

Which version do you use (Solr and Search)? Anyway, you didn’t disable Solr in the options of the module Search.

Daniel,
Thanks for the info… where would one disable Solr in the Search module? It appears to me that Solr is the only available Adapter for search on omeka-s. There seems to be no point in installing the Search module unless you intend to use Solr.
I was operating under the premise that there was some sort of search engine baked-in to omeka-s. (why does the search in the admin site work?) Since I posted this morning I disabled and uninstalled both Search and Solr, I deleted their file hierarchies under /modules. The tables for search in mySQL are empty now (I didn’t do it!!). So I reinstalled Solr, reinstalled both modules, and it still isn’t working.
On the admin site, under modules, I don’t get the usual buttons, but a message that says “Error: invalid config/module.ini file”. I’m assuming that that means the /modules/Solr/config/module.ini file, which appears to be nothing more than an [info] file. Since those files were supplied with the module, I don’t know how they could be “invalid”.
Luckily, I love trying to try to figure these things out! omeka-s seems like a really well-designed application.

Yes, Omeka S is really well designed and flexible.

For Search, there is no other adapter currently, so if you don’t have Solr, disable Search too. The issue with module.ini means you didn’t renamed the folder of the modules, that should be simply “Search” and “Solr”. If you use my improved release, you can use Solr in the admin board.