Error when trying to access Omeka site

Good morning,

we would like to ask for help concerning an error message of the Omeka site. Since this morning, we cannot access Omeka anymore. Yesterday, it worked fine and we work on our Omeka collection everyday.
We have the 2.7.1 version installed and no idea what we could do to solve the issue.

The site displays the following error message:

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli statement execute error : Malformed communication packet in /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214
Stack trace:
#0 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(303): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute(Array)
#1 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(480): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array)
#2 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(56): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query(‘SET SESSION sql…’)
#3 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Db.php(64): Omeka_Db->_construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'om’)
#4 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(695): Omeka_Application_Resource_Db->init()
#5 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(641): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘Db’)
#6 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(598): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(‘Db’)
#7 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Pluginbroker.php(22): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(‘Db’)
#8 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(695): Omeka_Application_Resource_Pluginbroker->init()
#9 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(641): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘PluginBroker’)
#10 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(598): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(‘PluginBroker’)
#11 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Frontcontroller.php(59): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(‘PluginBroker’)
#12 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(695): Omeka_Application_Resource_Frontcontroller->init()
#13 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(638): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_executeResource(‘frontcontroller’)
#14 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(598): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->_bootstrap(‘frontcontroller’)
#15 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(373): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_BootstrapAbstract->bootstrap(NULL)
#16 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(49): Zend_Application->bootstrap()
#17 /home/archiva1/public_html/collection/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->initialize()
#18 {main}

I am having the same issue! Our site is hosted on Reclaim Hosting, running 2.7.1 and it was working yesterday without any trouble.

https://digital.janeaddams.ramapo.edu/

I also appear to be experiencing the same issue, though its difficult to tell because unlike the first two comments, I cannot open the error file. I also run 2.7.1 on Reclaim Hosting.

http://steppingintothemap.com/anthropocene/
http://steppingintothemap.com/unnatural/

The Omeka S installation appears to work fine.

I contacted Reclaim to see if there is anything different that happened overnight.

1 Like

It just started working again–no idea why.

I had the same issue (also on Reclaim). Seems like logging in fixed the issue (or that might have been a coincidence).

Hundreds of these…

Omeka fatal error: Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: 
Mysqli statement execute error : 
Malformed communication packet in 
.../application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:214

Followed by a few of these…

Omeka fatal error: No such file or directory.
Confirm that the information in your db.ini file is correct.

I’m thinking this is probably a MySQL server and/or client library issue, or some other server set-up issue and it’s probably not a problem with Omeka.

Since it appears to be Reclaim-specific I assume they would probably know what’s up and if it’s been fixed or was just some transitory issue.

Thank you all for the feedback! It is working for us again as well. Reclaim Hosting it is for us as well. Fingers crossed for the future.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.