Error when saving Omeka/Curatescape

Hi friends. Hi friends. A new problem popped up today on one of my Curatescape sites, (http://islandhistories.com/). As you may know, Curatescape is a customized version of Omeka. This is not a site hosted by the Curatescape people, I downloaded their code from Github and installed it on a Reclaim Hosting site, where it has worked flawlessly for four years or so. Anyway, some of my partners discovered that when they try to save changes they get a fairly generic error message:

“Omeka has encountered an error”

“To learn how to see more detailed information about this error, see the Omeka Classic User Manual page on [retrieving error messages]”

This is not happening on my other Curatescape site, SpokaneHistorical.org. Any ideas? Thanks!

I posted this same question on the Curatescape users forum and got a message from the developer, Erin Bell, that he could not really help me because it was my own install, but to check all the Omeka plugins to see if they needed updating. They did not.

Hi Larry,

I just enabled development mode on that Omeka instance so that when you or another user tries this in curate scape again they will get a more informative error message. Can you try that and copy the error here and we can hopefully get a clearer sense of what is up.

Jim

Thanks Jim! Here is what I am seeing:

Omeka has encountered an error

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception

Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘./sanjuans_om1/om_search_texts’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘./sanjuans_om1/om_search_texts’ is marked as crashed and should be repaired in /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77 Stack trace: #0 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->prepare('SELECT search_...') #1 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT search…’) #2 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT search_...') #3 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(756): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT search_…’, Array) #4 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchRow(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array) #5 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(669): Omeka_Db->__call(‘fetchRow’, Array) #6 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/models/Table/SearchText.php(26): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObject(Object(Omeka_Db_Select)) #7 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/models/Mixin/Search.php(118): Table_SearchText->findByRecord(‘File’, 734) #8 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/models/Mixin/Search.php(79): Mixin_Search::saveSearchText(‘File’, 734, ‘Lucinda Barlow …’, ‘Lucinda Barlow …’, false) #9 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(254): Mixin_Search->afterSave(Array) #10 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(283): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->delegateToMixins(‘afterSave’, Array, true) #11 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(548): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->runCallbacks(‘afterSave’, Array) #12 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/models/Item.php(267): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save() #13 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(280): Item->afterSave(Array) #14 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(548): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->runCallbacks(‘afterSave’, Array) #15 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(229): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save(false) #16 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/controllers/ItemsController.php(88): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->editAction() #17 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): ItemsController->editAction() #18 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘editAction’) #19 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http)) #20 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch() #21 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run() #22 /home/sanjuans/public_html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run() #23 /home/sanjuans/public_html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run() #24 {main}

Larry,

Give it a shot now, I repaired the database table that is reporting as crashed here, and hopefully that worked. Let me know if not.

Best,
Jim

It is fixed! Thank you so much Jim. Reclaim Hosting is the absolute best.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.