Error when installing Omeka

Hello. I am trying to install Omeka on Windows (my web host meets all the requirements for Omeka) for a new website and got this error message on myurl.org /install after uploading all the files to my server:

Fatal error : Uncaught Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli_Exception: Connection refused in /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php:340 Stack trace: #0 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(549): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->_connect() #1 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(322): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->getServerVersion() #2 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(56): Omeka_Db->_getInitCommand() #3 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Omeka/Application/Resource/Db.php(64): Omeka_Db->_construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'omeka’) #4 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/BootstrapAbstract.php(695): Omeka_Application_Resource_Db->init() #5 /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pil in /hermes/walnacweb04/walnacweb04aa/b103/im.pilkguns/museum/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php on line 340

What might be causing this? Thanks.

I am also confused on exactly what permissions the folders should have. Which ones need the 777 perms?

This indicates an issue with your database credentials (db.ini). Omeka wasn’t able to connect at all to the database server you indicated. Perhaps the MySQL server isn’t running, or the host or port were specified incorrectly.

1 Like

Thanks. This was the problem. I had a typo in the database name I somehow missed. The installation was a success after that. However, when I go to /admin I am automatically redirected to admin/upgrade where I just get a general ‘Omeka has encountered an error’ message.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.