Error reindexing search (trying to get search by metadata to include Scripto transcriptions!)

Hi,
I have search by metadata installed, and have allowed it to search Scripto data. However when I search specifically for Scripto in advanced search it gives me nothing.

So I figured I might need to reindex before I can search? But pressing the button gives us this error:

ERR (3): exception 'RuntimeException' with message 'The configured PHP path () does not point to a PHP-CLI binary.' in /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php:124
Stack trace:
#0 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(93): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::_checkCliPath(NULL)
#1 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Process/Dispatcher.php(28): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::getPHPCliPath()
#2 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Adapter/BackgroundProcess.php(31): Omeka_Job_Process_Dispatcher::startProcess('Omeka_Job_Proce...', Object(User), Array)
#3 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Default.php(150): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_BackgroundProcess->send('{"className":"J...', Array)
#4 /omeka-path/application/controllers/SettingsController.php(120): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Default->sendLongRunning('Job_SearchTextI...')
#5 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): SettingsController->editSearchAction()
#6 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch('editSearchActio...')
#7 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#8 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#9 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#10 /omeka-path/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(77): Zend_Application->run()
#11 /omeka-path/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#12 {main}

Am I doing the right thing to be able to search Scripto data? And any idea on the error?

Thanks!

What exactly are you trying to do?

Search By Metadata really only provides a simple way to do “exact match” searches, which probably wouldn’t be all that useful for a transcription field that’s likely to be quite long and unique. In any case, the “advanced” search as well as Search By Metadata (because it uses the advanced search) doesn’t use the index, so reindexing won’t do anything.

The error you’re getting when trying to reindex is because Omeka can’t guess the path to the PHP CLI binary on your system. If your server has it, you can provide the path in application/config/config.ini as background.php.path. If you don’t have access to the CLI, you’d have to try something different. As I said though, it’s likely to be irrelevant to your actual problem.

Thank you for your reply.

I’m trying to build an excessively searchable database - a lot of my collection is books and we have the full text of these books stored in the Scripto plugin.

Basically I’d like a user to be able to search for, say, “ice cream” and then get results for everything related to “ice cream” - tags, titles, authors, Scripto full text, pretty much everything in the database.

Is this possible?

Heh… don’t know what has changed - but search is working with Scripto now!