Error on full text index

I get this error when trying to perform Index full-text search from global settings:

2023-03-08T10:07:46+00:00 ERR (3): Omeka\Api\Exception\OperationNotImplementedException: The Omeka\Api\Adapter\ValueAnnotationAdapter adapter does not implement the search operation. in /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Api/Adapter/AbstractAdapter.php:38
Stack trace:
#0 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Api/Adapter/ValueAnnotationAdapter.php(27): Omeka\Api\Adapter\AbstractAdapter->search(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#1 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Api/Manager.php(221): Omeka\Api\Adapter\ValueAnnotationAdapter->search(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#2 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Api/Manager.php(59): Omeka\Api\Manager->execute(Object(Omeka\Api\Request))
#3 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/modules/AdvancedSearch/src/Api/ManagerDelegator.php(131): Omeka\Api\Manager->search(‘value_annotatio…’, Array, Array)
#4 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Job/IndexFulltextSearch.php(29): AdvancedSearch\Api\ManagerDelegator->search(‘value_annotatio…’, Array, Array)
#5 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Job/DispatchStrategy/Synchronous.php(34): Omeka\Job\IndexFulltextSearch->perform()
#6 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/src/Job/Dispatcher.php(105): Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job))
#7 /home/gotland2/omeka.gotlandsmuseum.se/application/data/scripts/perform-job.php(66): Omeka\Job\Dispatcher->send(Object(Omeka\Entity\Job), Object(Omeka\Job\DispatchStrategy\Synchronous))
#8 {main}

What can be wrong?

This is a bug that’s fixed in Omeka S 4.0.1.

1 Like

Ahh, didn’t know that. Thanks!

I updated from version 1.4.0 to 3.2.3 and now I am getting this error on the index job – when was that bug introduced and do I need to upgrade to Omeka S 4 to get past it?

4.0.1 is where the fix is, and the problem was introduced with 3.2.0.

Are you experiencing issues with the search, or just noting that the error occurs? I believe this error happens last in the index job, so though it shows an error, the indexing should still actually be happening.

Thanks John.
We are getting no search results for any search we perform. This is since the upgrade to 3.2.3 where I noticed that the IndexFulltextSearch job failed. Then found this issue which helped me figure out how to run it again, and verified that i got this error, but still no search results.
I upgraded the platform to Ubuntu 20 with PHP 7.4 this weekend, so now I can upgrade to 4.0.1, which I guess is the next step.