Error message on Omeka site

yes, I can access the updated version, that webpage is working for me, thank you

I went back and checked, you were right, I mistakenly left teh version number on the Omeka folder I uploaded. i corrected that and now have a different message when i go to that page - “Public site is unavailable until the upgrade completes.”. the message has been longer than it should have, though, over 4 hours. It shouldn’t be taking that long to upgrade, obviously. any suggestions? http://www.thecoreproject.org/omeka/items

You’re at the last step of the upgrading instructions, step 6. You need to go to the admin side of your installation and hit the button to start the database upgrade. So, to “omeka/admin” instead of “omeka/items.”

1 Like

yup, that did it. Thanks for your time and patience.

Glad to hear you were able to get back up and running.

One little comment, not related to Omeka: on the home page for thecoreproject.org, you have a Quicktime video that used to be embedded, and now it instead automatically downloads when you go to that page, at least on Chrome. You might want to look into replacing that with an HTML5 video tag if you want the video to be embedded.