Error installing Omeka S Item Importer v. 1.3

Hello everyone,

I got this error message when trying to install Omeka S Item Importer v. 1.3:

Error: Class “OmekaSItemImporter\Module” not found in /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Module/Manager.php:354
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Module/Manager.php(225): Omeka\Module\Manager->getModuleObject()
#1 /var/www/html/omeka-s/application/src/Controller/Admin/ModuleController.php(117): Omeka\Module\Manager->install()
#2 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(71): Omeka\Controller\Admin\ModuleController->installAction()
#3 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(319): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractActionController->onDispatch()
#4 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#5 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Controller/AbstractController.php(97): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#6 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/DispatchListener.php(132): Laminas\Mvc\Controller\AbstractController->dispatch()
#7 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(319): Laminas\Mvc\DispatchListener->onDispatch()
#8 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-eventmanager/src/EventManager.php(179): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerListeners()
#9 /var/www/html/omeka-s/vendor/laminas/laminas-mvc/src/Application.php(325): Laminas\EventManager\EventManager->triggerEventUntil()
#10 /var/www/html/omeka-s/index.php(21): Laminas\Mvc\Application->run()
#11 {main}

Could anyone help me with this problem? Thanks.

Is the folder for this module that you installed on your server called “OmekaSItemImporter”? If so, where did that name come from?

The names of module folders matter; the folder for this module should be named Osii.

Thanks, John. This explains it. I installed it from Easy Admin and the folder was indeed named OmekaSItemImporter.

I did try installing from shell, but after I unzipped the folder I also renamed it to OmekaSItemImporter, as I thought it would be following the usual naming convention.

I’ll try installing it again today.

FYI, the same problem is happening with the module Data Visualization. Installing from Easy Admin will get you the name DataVisualization, while the correct name for the module is Datavis. @Daniel_KM: you may want to update the Easy Admin module with these.