Error Autocomplete with existing values: Value is required and can't be empty

Hi

Working with the module “Advanced Resource Template” (3.3.4.16) we are facing an error when we save a resource template. Omeka S v3.2.1. We cannot upgrade to Omeka v4.x because of some modules compatibility.

In the “Other settings” section in the resource template the message error “Value is required and can’t be empty” is shown in the options “Autocomplete with existing values”:

• No
  • Starts with
  • Contains

I checked all the options but the error always appear.

I tested the same installation (same set of modules and versions) with different server environments and sometimes works properly and others doesn’t work.

• Server 1: Omeka v3.2.1 with PHP 7.4.30 and MySQL 8.0.16 → Works
  • Server 2: Omeka v3.2.1 with PHP 7.4.33 and MySQL 8.0.28 → Doesn’t Work
  • Server 3: Omeka v3.2.1 with PHP 8.1.17 and MySQL 8.1.17 → Works

Then it seems not to be related to PHP versions.

Additional information. I tested all these module versions:

AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.16 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.15.2 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.15.1 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.15 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.14 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.13.1 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.13 - do not work
AdvancedResourceTemplate-3.3.4.12.5 - work

With this last version I can make changes in the resource template and it works properly when I save the changes.
With all the rest of versions, the message error “Error Autocomplete with existing values: Value is required and can’t be empty” appears when I save the template changes.

I had this same issue a while ago. If I recall correctly, it had something to do with another installed module. Disabling the other module made the problems with AdvancedresourceTemplate disappear. Not sure which module though… Could have been Custom Vocab or Ark (CleanUrl). Do you one of those installed??

Hi Joep,
Only Custom Vocab is activated, but I get the same error disabling it.

I have some additional test, with curious results.

I have a reource template with 33 properties. If I try to add additional properties and save the template, I get the error. This only happens if the module “Advanced Resource Template” is active. If it is disabled, there is no problem adding properties.

Then, I add 2 properties (35 in total). I activate the module again. I try to edit the template and save it and get the error. If I delete 2 properties (33 in total), then I can save the template.

It seems there is a limitation on 33 properties when the module is active ?¿?¿?¿?

Or another tricky combination of properties affects the result…
It is a bit strange

If the problem seems to be related to the number of properties, I have a guess as to what could be happening.

Check your server’s PHP logs (not the Omeka log but PHP’s, on many servers this is the Apache error log) and look for errors like “Input variables exceeded” . If you have them it would indicate a problem with PHP’s max_input_vars setting, the maximum number of pieces of data that can be sent with a form submission.

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.