Error adding tags when Neatline plugin is installed

I noticed this error today while adding a few tags to item records.

I get this error in the error log after adding new tags to an item record and saving them, while the Neatline [2.6.3] plugin is installed. The tags do seem to save but Omeka goes to the error page. Removing the plugin causes the error to cease while adding or removing tags.

2021-01-14T20:15:15+00:00 ERR (3): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: FUNCTION i1055_om4.AsText does not exist in omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Stack trace:
#0 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT neatlin...') #1 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT neatlin…’)
#2 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT neatlin...') #3 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT neatlin…’, Array)
#4 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(647): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array)
#5 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(429): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObjects(Object(Omeka_Db_Select), Array)
#6 omeka/plugins/Neatline/models/NeatlineRecordTable.php(53): Omeka_Db_Table->findBySql(‘item_id=?’, Array)
#7 omeka/plugins/Neatline/NeatlinePlugin.php(179): NeatlineRecordTable->syncItem(Object(Item))
#8 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Plugin/Broker.php(154): NeatlinePlugin->hookAfterSaveItem(Array)
#9 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(301): Omeka_Plugin_Broker->callHook(‘after_save_item’, Array)
#10 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(548): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->runCallbacks(‘afterSave’, Array)
#11 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(229): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save(false)
#12 omeka/application/controllers/ItemsController.php(88): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->editAction()
#13 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): ItemsController->editAction()
#14 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘editAction’)
#15 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#16 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#17 omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#18 omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#19 omeka/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#20 {main}

This is a problem that another user of Neatline has reported here, and which has been reported to the Neatline developers.

The error results from an incompatibility between Neatline and MySQL 8.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know. :slight_smile:

Hello from the Neatline team! As of today we have a potential patch for the errors occurring with MySQL 8.0. If you are willing to test out this fix and let us know if it works for you, it would be very helpful. You can install the patched version of Neatline from this branch in our Github repo:

Please let us know if the issue is resolved for you, and if not, provide any further details about the error that you can. As soon as we’ve done further testing we’ll release an updated version of the plugin. Thank you!

1 Like

Sounds great I’ll give it a go this afternoon and let you know if we experience anything over the next few days.

I installed the file you shared. I am able to now add tags with out crashing the site but when I try and use neatline I now get this error that crashes the site:

2021-01-22T15:24:44+00:00 ERR (3): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli_Exception: Mysqli prepare error: Table ‘i1055_om4.om_neatline_exhibits’ doesn’t exist in /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php:77
Stack trace:
#0 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Statement.php(115): Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare(‘SELECT neatlin...') #1 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php(388): Zend_Db_Statement->__construct(Object(Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli), 'SELECT neatlin…’)
#2 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php(479): Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare(‘SELECT neatlin...') #3 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db.php(80): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT neatlin…’, Array)
#4 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(647): Omeka_Db->__call(‘query’, Array)
#5 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Db/Table.php(281): Omeka_Db_Table->fetchObjects(Object(Omeka_Db_Select))
#6 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/controllers/helpers/Db.php(59): Omeka_Db_Table->findBy(Array, 150, 1)
#7 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(128): Omeka_Controller_Action_Helper_Db->__call(‘findBy’, Array)
#8 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/plugins/Neatline/controllers/ExhibitsController.php(73): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->browseAction()
#9 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): Neatline_ExhibitsController->browseAction()
#10 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘browseAction’)
#11 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#12 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#13 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#14 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(73): Zend_Application->run()
#15 /home/fingerprintssals/public_html/omeka/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#16 {main}

Thank you, I’ll be back with a further update for you hopefully this week. I should confirm, are you using Omeka Classic v. 2.7.1, or a previous version?

1 Like

Omeka 2.7.1
Also as I was updating records any time I tried to save an item record the site crashed.

I should also mention that I’m unable to uninstall the plugin as doing so crashes the site. If I remove the plugin from the server I get a ghost version of the plugin on the site. I am able to deactivate the plugin and everything works as expected.

Found the solution. I had to delete the Neatline row from the Plugin table in the database before I could upload the newer version of Neatline. Now I am able to install the plugin without it crashing the site.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.