I have several contracts active for the next 3-6 months that are Omeka-based.
There are many potential skillsets involved, but mostly basic stuff including writing HTML/CSS, working with JS (including/implementing packages, not writing raw code), installing base Omeka package on servers, installing themes and modules, importing data, configuring module settings, etc.
Basic skills would include:
- Ability to use SSH and/or SFTP to upload/download files
- Ability to install PHP-based open-source packages (Omeka, Wordpress, etc.)
- Ability to download and install 3rd party modules and plugins
- Ability to modify theme HTML/CSS
- Ability to test UI, identify and document bugs (and ideally resolve them!)
- Ability to test changes on dev environment and then implement them on production system
- Able to learn how to import/export data from Omeka
- Ability to interpret and follow instructions, make mistakes, and receive feedback
More advanced skills would include:
- Ability to learn the Omeka SQL db structure and run queries against it
- Ability to learn how to work with Dublin Core metadata to achieve good UI/UX
- Ability to incorporate/integrate JS code into existing themes
Hourly rate range from $30-$60 depending on experience and self-sufficiency.
Approx. 15-25 hours/month.
Anyone interested should reach out to email@example.com with an introduction, no resume needed thanks!