Default Theme Navigation and Submenus on iPhone

Hello,

I’m using the default theme “Thanks, Roy” for my Omeka DB. In the nav menus on the left side of the page, I have two items that open into submenus which each contain two links to different collections. Each of these top-level items is also a link to another page (home and a particular collection). Everything works great on desktop versions, but on mobile (iPhone) the nav menu links for the top-level menus don’t work. All other links work (the sub-menu links, and stand-alone links), but both my “home” and top-level “collection view” simply open and close the submenu on the mobile device without linking to the page. Any way to fix this?

Thanks for your help!!

Thanks for bringing this bug to our attention. I’m going to file an issue for the theme, and I’ll let you know when a fix has been implemented and tested.

Thank you!

I’ve also noticed that the bug exists when I try to access the DB on a tablet (iPad).

Hi kim,

Not to bother you, but we are wondering when we can move our current project into beta testing. Do you have any rough timeline as to when the fix should be implemented/tested?

Thanks!

-Bryan

We’re currently testing a couple of solutions and aim to come to a conclusion by the end of the week.

Hi Bryan,

We have a version of the theme that should address the menu issue: https://github.com/omeka/theme-thanksroy. If you come across any new problems in your beta testing, let us know.

Hi Kim,

Wow, thank you so much for the fast turnaround on this! As I’ve customized a few files in the theme already, would it be possible to ask which files were updated to make the fix? (Most of the work I’ve been doing has been on /themes/default/items/browse.php and /show.php - I’ve put in a few custom CSS lines, but could easily copy these to a new file).

Thanks again for all of your help!

-Bryan

Nevermind! Answered my own question by going on Git and seeing the recently updated files.

-B