DCMI Type Vocabulary in Class and Type

I am referring to a local guideline of Dublin Core best practices, and it says Type requires at least one value from DCMI Type vocabulary. I’ve already chosen a DC Type value in the Class dropdown. In this case, do I still need to set up a field dcterms:type in Resource Template in order to meet the best practice? If I do that, I don’t know how to make it dropdown menu with DC Type vocabulary like Class does now.

Thanks for your help.

An item’s Class is implicitly the item’s dcterms:type so there’s no need to set it twice.

The DCMI Metadata Terms specification states that “recommended best practice is to use a controlled vocabulary such as the DCMI Type Vocabulary.” So, the DCMI Type vocabulary is not required, and it’s only a best practice to use a controlled vocabulary.

OK, thanks. I wanted to use the Type field for a custom vocab, so now I can do that. Thank you.

Another quick question: is there a way to show the chosen value in Class on the public Site? I don’t see that field on the item’s detail browse page.

Currently there’s no way to show the class on the public site. I’ve opened an issue to fix that at a future date.