Custom theme for a collection

Hello,

I’m wondering if it’s possible to have a custom them for a collection? I know you can do it for exhibits, but I can’t seem to find how to do this for a collection.

Thanks,

Candace

I think in theory that’s possible, but there’s currently no admin interface to do so.

There’s a complicating factor, though. While I can imagine an avenue for changing the theme for a collections page (e.g. a URL like collections/show or collections/browse), switching the theme for an item that belongs to a collection would be trickier. It could also be confusing, as different item pages would end up using different themes, based on the different collections they’re in.

I’m of two minds about that – I can imagine it being an odd user experience, and I can imagine it being a helpful branding of sorts on the items. Hard to tell, but worth thinking about.

So, to try it, it would probably mean a plugin that checks which page is being loaded, then sneak in a theme switch based on data about the collection or item being displayed. Since ExhibitBuilder can do that, I imagine another plugin could do it in a similar way. Just not sure exactly what that would entail, but seems like a good question.

I’ve had a similar question, but for our purposes, I was going to create a new site within Omeka S and just add that collection to the site and assign it a new theme.