Custom attributes for items

Hey everyone,

Let’s suppose that my items need to be described with the following attributes:

• name
  • description
  • date
  • good_condition (boolean)
  • (…more)

How can I create a resource template with the above? From my understanding, these attributes can only “inherit” from existing vocabularies (or my own vocabulary).

Is there any more straightforward way to create a template with the above fields? Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance!

I would imagine that those properties about object condition and status are readily available in the CIDOC-CRM vocab, which you could import into your installation.

You can constrain the inputs for any property in your template by using the Custom Vocab module.

Thank you for your quick reply!

Actually, there are many more attributes than the ones that mentioned and some of them are not that generic. Therefore, I doubt all of them are included in CIDOC-CRM or any other vocabulary.

Is there any way to define my custom models in a more database-ish way?

For example:
Building

• name (string)
  • built_date (date)
  • description (text)
  • etc…

You can take a look at the Numeric Data Types module. And there is Value Suggest for standardized controlled vocab endpoints.

For the properties that are not available in other vocabs you can certainly write your own and add that to the install as well.

I suspect you may be interested in the “Custom ontology” module.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.