CSV Import plugin "hanging up" halfway through some uploads

Hey, I’m using Omeka 2.5, with the 2.0.4 version of the CSV uploader.

I’m importing the CSVs and have a local URL to suck up the pdf’s that I loaded via FTP.

But I’m coming across a problem: several of the CSV’s I uploaded yesterday still haven’t finished. They continue to show as “In Progress,” which is frustrating 'cause it leaves me unable to even Undo the upload. They’ve been “In progress” for over 24 hours, and both seem to have hung up after one item halfway through the list. I’ve looked at the metadata and files, and these two items seem to be completely unremarkable.

Has anyone else encountered this? I’m not even getting an error code or anything, so I don’t have much to offer up… ¯_(ツ)_/¯

My first guess is that there’s something timing out. Two workarounds I’d guess at are

1. Split up the files into smaller chunks, so hopefully they’ll go through.

2. See if based on what successfully gets imported you can identify an item that causes a problem.

In the logs, CSV Importer spits out a lot of info, so make sure error logging is turned on, and set to log DEBUG info, and check if there is anything interesting in there.

I’m having the same issue. Omeka 2.4 and Chrome. My upload hangs up on the 5th record, importing all the metadata but not the image file. This has happened with various different csv files with different 5th records. Do I try to change the config.ini file in /applications? I’ve seen references to background.php.path and CLI.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.