I’ve been running into a lot of issues with my Omeka S install through Reclaim Hosting. Basically, all jobs stall out after a certain number of items although they remain “in progress.” After trying “Attempt Stop,” the jobs also remain in “Stopping.” As well, I am unable to import users through CSV Import and receive a message that “Omeka has encountered an error.” The Easy Install module also does not work. Modules are said to be downloaded, but they are not actually in the filesystem and do not appear under “Modules” as a result. I am able to install modules manually however.
Here’s the longer version of my issues and what I’ve tried so far. Thank you to anyone who can shed some light on this!
- I initially tried to import my omeka.net site by using the Omeka 2 importer. However, I ran into the issue of batches not completing with stalled jobs.
- The steps I took involved changing the maximum execution time in INI to 90. I then tried changing it to 0 because this overrides any maximum execution time.
- I uninstalled and reinstalled Omeka S twice after that. I messed around with the number of items to process per batch and tried running the process with 1 item per batch. This approach did not work.
- I then decided to import all items through the CSV Import. I encountered the same issue that I did when trying to import from my Omeka.net site. The job continues as “In Progress” even though the job has stopped partially through. Usually it would time out around 140-160 items.
- I worked around this issue by importing items in batches. I was able to get all of my items onto the site by breaking down my CSVs into several parts each containing no more than 60 items.
- However, when I went to use CSV Import for user upload, I received a message after mapping elements to fields which stated that “Omeka S has encountered an error.” The job will not start.
- I cloned my site onto a subdomain and tested out a few different module configurations. I wasn’t able to reach a solution.
The one thing I haven’t tried is installing Omeka S manually instead of through Reclaim Hosting’s installer.