Copyright and Creative Commons

Some of the images I am using in the exibition builder are copyright protected. I received permission from the rights holders and have indicated the copyright status in the metadata field. However, I cannot “uncheck” the creative commons licensing options in Omeka. Even when I click “no license” and save, the creative commons licensing option is still checked. What can I do about this? Thanks in advance for any insight.

Am I guess right that that’s the Creative Commons Chooser plugin? If so, it hasn’t been updated for quite a while, and isn’t compatible with Omeka 2.x, so you might be better off just putting the license information into the Rights field manually.

I am not certain if it is a plug-in. It automatically appears when I add an item. Ok, then I will continue with filling in the rights field. I am concerned though that the creative commons chooser will arbitrarily assign a license to an item that is copyrighted. Is there any chance to deactivate this?

Just go through the list of plugins and deactivate it (assuming you have super-user permissions – if not ask one of the site’s super-users to do so).