Change "viewport" on Big Picture theme home page?

I’m working on a site with 8 exhibits…I modified the Big Picture theme slightly (to add some text at the top of the page) and I’m guessing maybe that’s my problem. Now the 8 images for the 8 exhibits don’t scale to fit the page…you have to scroll down to see the final two exhibits. Talking about the page you see here:

https://silverbox.gmu.edu/masonhistory

I’ve spent a fair amount of time looking at the theme code/css/etc but haven’t found what I’m looking for. Is there a spot where I can say “use _% of the available browser page” when scaling the 8 images to host my exhibit list so my text can remain but I don’t force scrolling to see all eight of the exhibits. Works OK on a phone as the exhibit images stack up in single file and scrolling is to be expected…but for desktop user, I’d like to fit all 8 on the opening page in a visible way once the page loads.

Answering my own question here–not a definitive answer but it seems to be working.

in /css/style.css I adjusted the min-height value of browse.exhibits .record from 25vh to 14vh and things seem to be scaling in a better way.

Yeah, I think you’ve hit on the proper method of changing that there.

The initial styles are for 25% viewport height so they would imply some scrolling if you have more content on the page. The same would happen of course if you needed more rows of exhibits.

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.