Change display font

How can we embed our own font for display in public view? I am using theme Thanks Roy and it uses same font. I want to use a different font based on author meta-data value such that all items of that author appear in that font only.

You’d be looking at changing the font-family CSS of the theme, that’s what controls the font. Embedding your own font would depend on what it is and where it’s available: things like Google Fonts are easy to add by just adding a queue_css_url to the theme’s common/header.php.

As for changing the font for certain items only, it’s probably easiest to edit the theme to add a class to items having that author. You can use metadata('item', array('Dublin Core', 'Creator')) to get the author and when that’s equal to the author you’re looking for, you add the class to some element that the stuff you’re looking to change the font of is contained within. Then you can just set a different font-family for that class in the CSS.

things like Google Fonts are easy to add by just adding a queue_css_url to the theme’s common/header.php.

I’ve read the Omeka doc on queue_css_url

Once you’ve added the Google Fonts external stylesheet to common/header.php as per Example on above page is the idea then to change the body, h1, h2 etc tags in style.css to use the Google fonts added?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, that’s correct, you’d update the stylesheet to use the webfont.