CenterRow theme item view - PDF does not display

Hello,

We are setting up a site with the CenterRow theme. On each item page, the image is pulled in at the upper side of the page but PDF files do not seem to be displayed on the item page at all, even when the PDF embed plugin is activated. We installed the Universal Viewer plugin which would bring in the PDF on the page, but this only added the viewer at the bottom of the page. Ideally, we want to bring the PDF viewer (either the browser default or the PDF embed plugin) in the same location as other item pages with image files. The attached images show the difference between PDF record pages and image record pages.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Admittedly the plugin that powers the default media viewer for Center Row does not support pdf display, so it instead relegates pdfs to a link in the “Files” section. I’m struggling to come up with a solution for images and embedded PDFs to share that top space, but I’m open to ideas.

Do you plan on having a single item that has both PDFs and images attached? If not, you could potentially customize the view to check the file types of an item’s attachments, and use the default embed (and thus PDF Embed) if there is only a PDF attached.

On second thought, our lead developer pointed out a way to have Center Row’s gallery support PDFs. If you can wait a couple of days, we can push out a release that supports PDFs within the media viewer.

Hi Kim,

Thank you for this fantastic response!
I am grateful and very much looking forward to the new release!

Hiroko

This topic was automatically closed after 250 days. New replies are no longer allowed.