Cannot Add Item

Lately I have been encountering the issue that I cannot add an item to my collection on Omeka.
Here is the error code that pops up when I try to save an item after uploading the file. I really need to fix this issue within the day, a swift response would be greatly appreciated!

exception ‘Omeka_Storage_Exception’ with message ‘Unable to store file.’ in /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage/Adapter/Filesystem.php:119
Stack trace:
#0 [internal function]: Omeka_Storage_Adapter_Filesystem->store(’/tmp/664e3365ce…’, ‘original/664e33…’)
#1 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Storage.php(67): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
#2 /var/www/html/application/models/File.php(424): Omeka_Storage->__call(‘store’, Array)
#3 /var/www/html/application/models/File.php(424): Omeka_Storage->store(’/tmp/664e3365ce…’, ‘original/664e33…’)
#4 /var/www/html/application/models/Job/FileProcessUpload.php(23): File->storeFiles()
#5 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Adapter/Synchronous.php(25): Job_FileProcessUpload->perform()
#6 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Job/Dispatcher/Default.php(136): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Adapter_Synchronous->send(’{“className”:"J…’, Array)
#7 /var/www/html/application/models/File.php(203): Omeka_Job_Dispatcher_Default->send(‘Job_FileProcess…’, Array)
#8 [internal function]: File->afterSave(Array)
#9 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(277): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#10 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(550): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->runCallbacks(‘afterSave’, Array)
#11 /var/www/html/application/models/Item.php(335): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save()
#12 /var/www/html/application/models/Builder/Item.php(204): Item->saveFiles()
#13 /var/www/html/application/libraries/globals.php(567): Builder_Item->addFiles(‘Upload’, ‘file’, Array)
#14 /var/www/html/application/models/Item.php(320): insert_files_for_item(Object(Item), ‘Upload’, ‘file’, Array)
#15 /var/www/html/application/models/Item.php(230): Item->_uploadFiles()
#16 [internal function]: Item->beforeSave(Array)
#17 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(277): call_user_func(Array, Array)
#18 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Record/AbstractRecord.php(531): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->runCallbacks(‘beforeSave’, Array)
#19 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Controller/AbstractActionController.php(229): Omeka_Record_AbstractRecord->save(false)
#20 /var/www/html/application/controllers/ItemsController.php(91): Omeka_Controller_AbstractActionController->editAction()
#21 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Action.php(516): ItemsController->editAction()
#22 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Dispatcher/Standard.php(308): Zend_Controller_Action->dispatch(‘editAction’)
#23 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Controller/Front.php(954): Zend_Controller_Dispatcher_Standard->dispatch(Object(Zend_Controller_Request_Http), Object(Zend_Controller_Response_Http))
#24 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Application/Bootstrap/Bootstrap.php(105): Zend_Controller_Front->dispatch()
#25 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Zend/Application.php(384): Zend_Application_Bootstrap_Bootstrap->run()
#26 /var/www/html/application/libraries/Omeka/Application.php(79): Zend_Application->run()
#27 /var/www/html/admin/index.php(28): Omeka_Application->run()
#28 {main}

This is related to the file system. Is it full? Did rights of the directory and subdirectories of “files” change? No issue with a mount? What did you change since the last time it worked?

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for the swift reply. I was not sure whether there a limit on the number of items you upload to Omeka. Is there? I currently have 72 items in my collection.

I have not personally changed anything since I uploaded items in October. Could you explain what “mount” is?

Do you think it has something to do with the update? I have not updated Omeka to latest version. I’m still running Omeka 2.4.

There is no limit on the number of items, except the space on the file system and in the database.

So you can check rights and free space on the server. Else, what are your customized parameters in config.ini?

I apologize for my constant questions, but I do not know where to find “config.ini”. Where/how can I also check the rights and free space on the server?

If you don’t know where is “config.ini” (in application/config/config.ini", the main file where basic parameters of your Omeka), that means you didn’t change it. What is your server? A personal one? The A shared one from a provider? Have you access to a terminal?

Ok, good to know. I’m using my institution’s server and have access to a terminal that is connected to this server. Perhaps I should contact our IT department about this issue?

You might want to check how big is each file that you try to upload, I think there is a limitation the size of the file to upload. You could increase the size in php settings.

Thank you everyone for the insight. It was an issue with the server, which was quickly resolved. Thank you so much, again, for the help!