Can "Omeka 2 Import" module import just a subset of items?

If I would like to import only a single item set from an Omeka Classic project into Omeka S, is it possible to edit the endpoint or some other setting to screen out only those items I’m interested in? As far as I can tell the module seems like it would work fine if I wanted to import my entire Omeka Classic site, but if I try writing “http://mysite.com/api/items?collection=47” when it asks for the input of the “Omeka 2 Api Endpoint”, this isn’t working, so I’m wondering if it’s just a question of using different syntax.

As far as I can tell, no, you can’t import only one collection. You can import all your items in their original collections (imported as item sets), and then delete anything that you don’t wish to keep after the import is finished.
You could introduce a third installation into this process if you want to keep your production site clear of unwanted items (import to the staging site > delete unwanted items > import to the production site). You’ll have to use the Omeka C module and then the Omeka S module in this case.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.