Can items (name, description etc) be localized?

Hey everyone,

In my project, I would like to fill item information (name, description etc) in more than one languages.

What I need is the ability for end-user to see information in the selected language. If he has selected e.g. French, then the resources should come in French (name, description etc).

Is there any support for this at the moment? I saw Scripto module but I am not sure if it is what I am looking for.

Thank you in advance!

Update: I tried adding metadata in the same field, for different languages (see picture).

I also created different sites for each language (changed the language in settings). While the content of the site was translated, the item wasn’t.

Putting metadata in different languages for the same fields is the “right” way to do this.

The problem is just that for now to have a site only show the values in one language requires a custom theme.

A member of the community has submitted some code to make it so you could just flip on a switch in a site and have it limit the display of values to the site’s configured language, and we’re in the process of reviewing that for inclusion in a future version.

Thanks for the reply!

Could you please provide me with a link for the code you refer to?

The submitted code and the review are available at https://github.com/omeka/omeka-s/pull/1692

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.