Buying domain name, changing site name in Omeka S

I have a website hosted by a company, so I would usually assume they have to configure the domain mapping? I believe in Wordpress this can easily be done within the CMS itself, and I have searched through the Omeka-S documentation, I have looked through the Omeka admin options on the website, but I am not sure what options I have.

Is it not possible to change the domain name of an Omeka-S site through Omeka-S? I’m thinking of something like going from site.hostingdomain.com to newsitename.com

Thank you for any help

In general you don’t have to configure the domain name of your site through S. If you get a new domain name, it should just work.

We’re looking at possibly adding a setting for explicitly setting your site’s base URL, but this would be optional, for people the normal autodetection doesn’t work well for.

Sorry I think I left out some information in my original post.

I would like to change from site.server-host-name.fr to SiteNameBoughtOnGoDaddy.com, and if I were to purchase a new name on GoDaddy, for example, I’m not quite sure how to map that across to Omeka. I presume I would have to talk to the people who manage the servers where my Omeka-S instance is currently hosted?

I can change the name of my site, but it would still have server-host-name.fr at the end. I’m not sure if that makes sense?

Thanks in advance!

This topic was automatically closed 360 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.