Auto-increment identifier

Hello,

I’m creating a collection of paintings and I’m wondering if it is possible to auto-generate the identifier of an item?

We are currently manually incrementing the identifier and it can be error-prone. It would be great if we can auto-generate this identifier so Omeka S can be easier to use.

Omeka S generates an auto-incrementing identifier on its own for internal usage on… pretty much everything. You’ll generally see them in the URLs for viewing resources, and also in the API. Depending on what you’re doing, you may be able to just use that.

I assume you’re talking about instead something to go into the dcterms:identifier field? I’m not aware of anything that would get you an auto-incrementing value there automatically. It sounds like a nice idea for a pretty small module, though.

Yes, you’re right, I was talking about auto-incrementing something like dcterms:identifier.

And as you said, the feature would be more than welcomed, as a module or as a core feature.

This topic was automatically closed 250 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.