Any way to add citation/reference?

Hello,

I tried to find similar topic in the forum but couldn’t find what we are looking for, so making this post.

We are looking for a way to add bibliographic citation or a reference to our dataset both for Items and Media. Is there any way to generate this automatically? Like in the screenshot below.

Is there a feature or plugin that allows to select certain metadata properties to generate the citation.

I think the Bibliography module allows to do this but after installing it, it shows that it is not compatible with our current Omeka S version and requires an older version. I guess the module has not been updated to work with the latest Omeka S.

The other modules like COinS, Zotero Citations etc. doesn’t work in our case as we don’t have institutional accounts with DOI, Zotero etc.

Please advise on what would be the best possible way to achieve this. Thanks.

Hello,

to my knowledge there are no other plugins than the ones you found: Bibliography, COinS and Zotero Citations.

The other solution is to use the theme and modify the “item” page to add the quote by recomposing the properties.

• advantages :
    • the citation result fits on each page
    • it’s easy to do
    • it is compatible with the various versions
  • disadvantages:
    • as the quote is not in a property, it cannot be exposed in OAI-PMH or exported in Json or CSV Export.
    • for the same reason, you cannot modify the position of the citation in the page as we organize the properties using the resources template

For precision, COinS does not require a Zotero account for the institution that has Omeka S. However, it allows any Zotero user to retrieve the metadata from the records and therefore format the citation according to the standard imported by the publication

Hi,

Thanks for the response!

Could you please explain a bit more on what you mean by recomposing the properties? Do you mean modify the code or are there any options within the theme settings itself? Sorry I’m still learning to use it and not familiar with everything yet.