All options of the file local.config.php

Hi,

In Omeka-s, where can I find all the options that can be used in the file local.config.php?
For example, I’m looking for the equivalent of fileDerivatives.strategyOptions.autoOrient of Omeka classic.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

A full list is tricky, since local.config.php can override a lot of other settings. Many of those are in application/config/module.config.php so looking through that list will give a good sense, though most of those shouldn’t be changed.

However, the thumbnails section of that deeper-down configuration file might get at what you need. You’d just make the changes/overrides in local.config.php.

I did not find anything interesting.
I wanted all the possible options. There is no technical documentation? Because the documentation of Omeka S online is poor.

In addition to the user manual there is the developer documentation. What sort of documentation were you looking for that you could not find or found inadequate?

I’m just going to jump in here to try and help answer the question -

Couldn’t the following key be added to the thumbnails section of the local.config.php to auto-orient images?

'thumbnails' => [
    'thumbnailer_options' => [
        'autoOrient' => true,
    ],
],

I’m just looking at lines 44 & 45 of https://github.com/omeka/omeka-s/blob/997ad56fd138b3d9dec45dfb091c79dceda213dd/application/src/File/Thumbnailer/Imagick.php where the code is accessing the option and doing the auto-orientation.

For example, in the file local.config.php I would like to know all the possible values/keys/subkeys ​​for thumbnails, thumbnailer_options, service_manager, etc.

I somewhat agree with you @toyche. Omeka S is fairly new, which could be the reason for some missing pieces in the documentation.

The config keys are a perfect example of missing pieces. If you look at the developer documentation, it states “Listed here are the most commonly used keys, and is not an exhaustive list.” I don’t know why there wouldn’t be an exhaustive list, with every key/subkey possible listed.

Exhaustive could be tough just given the nature of the configuration system and its use by varying Zend Framework and Omeka modules and components.

Regardless, there’s no question in my mind that we need to improve that documentation significantly. Particularly when the configuration options are ones added and accessed by Omeka itself (as is the case here).

As for this specific question, the relevant configuration would be:

'thumbnails' => [
    'thumbnailer_options' => [
        'autoOrient' => true,
    ],
],

It’s likely also a worthwhile change for us to invert this setting (i.e., have it default to true).

1 Like

I was wondering about that too as I was looking at the code. It seems like true would be the preferred default for most people.

It came in as false simply because it was a straight port over of the same option from “classic” Omeka. There it made some sense to default to false simply to avoid springing a change in behavior on long-time users, but that same logic really doesn’t apply here (and is likely flawed even for Classic).

I’ll file an issue for changing it.