I’ve been following instructions on [https://omeka.org/s/docs/user-manual/install/]
I’ve confirmed that system requirements are met(permission, firewall, httpd.conf etc) and database is ok. When I go to the site it complains that it [https:///install] is not found. Creating an index.html in /var/www/html/omeka-s/ does show up with the content of it, so we know apache is working
This page isn’t working omeka01.mtsu.edu is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500
- Download the latest release from the release page, After the unzip of omeka-s-3.0.1.zip I changed owner and permissions to apache and 775 then moved it to /var/www/html/omeka-s
- Open config/database.ini and add your MySQL username, password, database name, and host name. .
- Made sure the files/ directory were writable by Apache.
- access the site via url and it goes to gives “HTTP ERROR 500”
- This is RHEL 8. i’ve stopped firewall and selinux
Any suggestions on what else to troubleshoot will be helpful.